About Me

My photo
Glossop, United Kingdom
You can email me andybleaden@gmail.com ,ICQ 277487048 or contact via twitter @andybleaden and yes I am still here-always will be!

Not f'd

Not f'd — you won't find me on Facebook

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Meego 1.1.4 Release Update

Brief update for meego users.

Meego users may have noticed that there is an upgrade to Meego 1.1 which takes it to 1.1.4

Lots of bug fixes as well as facebook panels for people who use that.

I upgraded by opening a terminal and typing the following:

su -l
zypper patch
zypper refresh
zypper update
zypper dist-upgrade

You may see some errors about delta rpms reported but this did not seem to affect my upgrade.

I rebooted and as written before the update included a kernel update which reliably and immdiately broke my Broadcom wifi driver.

I was able to reinstall that very easily using my earlier post.

Enjoy!

ps word from Meego is that the release of Meego 1.2 is now slightly delayed until around the 19th May. Whether you will be able to upgrade from 1.1 I am not yet sure but I will probably reinstall Meego 1.2 from scratch.

pps For those of you that have installed the moblin interface theme and interface you will also get a new (blue) wifi indicator which will need to be re Moblined!

Flexer who created the excellent Moblin transformation pack has suggested that you need to open a terminal and type sudo nautilus and then in nautilus go to /usr/share/meego-panel-networks/icons. In here create a folder named "bkp" and move all icons present in here. Then go back to the moblin transformation pack you have stored away and copy all the old network icons from in the folder "icons" in the moblin transformation pack.

When you reboot your moblin theme will return as it was.

No comments: