About Me

My photo
Glossop, United Kingdom
You can email me andybleaden@gmail.com ,ICQ 277487048 or contact via twitter @andybleaden and yes I am still here-always will be!

Not f'd

Not f'd — you won't find me on Facebook

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Progress? What progress!

Back with Moblin



One of the annoying deviances for the last two months has seen my netbook bounce from running the following systems



Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04

Worked fine and even got it with Moblin themes, fonts and backgrounds





Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.10

Early alpha.broke pretty quickly even for me



Dell Ubuntu Moblin remix

Looked good, wiped the whole drive, no bluetooth support, hard to adapt and update but it was a developer edition for Dell so I was quite impressed



Ubuntu Moblin Remix 9.10

Worked very well and could get updated kernels until May 2010 but sluggish compared Moblin and no Bluetooth or 3g support so it had to go



Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04

Needed stable system.Worked fine as above but did some digging and found ....



Goblin (Open Suse)


Worked very well but no Suse experience meant I could not sort the wireless drviers for my Broadcom wifi. Shame as it was as good (really good ) as Moblin with lots of extras



Meego

Got set up again and even updated.Just not getting it sorted though. Real Pain to install other stuff



Moblin (same hour as above!)

Broke on install



Fedora Moblin Spin

Took a while to learn how to install. Installed and updated . Rebooted to get error. Shame as it looked good. Tried again and then could not get wireless sorted using Slaine dev guide.






Google Chrome OS

Tried Hexxehs excellent Flow OS ( google os and other tools) from chromeos.hexxeh.net but not able to install Tried Vanilla (Google os – no ‘stuff’)

Then tried the Google OS for Dells ( which sort wifi!) here http://linux.dell.com/files/cto/



Smeegol Open Suse Meego

Ok .This looked really really good when installed after earlier network connection manager problems but could not for the life of me work out how to sort wireless issues or any issues as I know nothing about Suse so it had to go





Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04

Looked really good until I broke it upgrading to 10.10 L

So I went back to Moblin and had a full week to sort old issues...once and for all!

No comments: