About Me

My photo
Glossop, United Kingdom
You can email me andybleaden@gmail.com ,ICQ 277487048 or contact via twitter @andybleaden and yes I am still here-always will be!

Not f'd

Not f'd — you won't find me on Facebook

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Getting Pino working in Meego

If like me you liked Moblin and tried Meego but got frustrated at the lack of support for using identi.ca etc then you can now use Pino.

http://pino-app.appspot.com/

The first time I tried to install it it failed and trying it from the command line was no good so I downloaded the rpm direct from here:

http://code.google.com/p/pino-twitter/downloads/detail?name=pino-0.2.10-1.fc12.al.i686.rpm&can=2&q=

When it has downloaded, move the rpm file from your download folder into your home folder and then fire up terminal.

Pino on ubuntu courtesy of OMG ubuntu




Type ls and you will see the rpm in the home folder, as with other guides here copy the name of the pino rpm and run a sudo yum local install script like this with no gpg check

sudo yum localinstall pino-0.2.10-1.fc12.al.i686.rpm --nogpgcheck

This will then start the installation of the programme as well as a couple of dependencies.

You can navigate to the applications and there is pino under the Internet section.

Start it up and click' add' to enter in your account details and it should start automatically











Good Luck !













Here it is on my lenovo s10-2


Let me know if you run into any problems or have suggestions..you can also use this for your twitter account. I am afraid that I am not sure if this runs in Moblin though. Next time I break Meego I will try Moblin :)

No comments: